For Adam's birthday he wanted to take the family up the canyon and ride the horses. It was a great day, Whitney rode Peppy of course, Adam and Audrey rode Major, and I got the neighbors horse we borrowed. They had just gotten it a week or two ago, and nobody really knew a lot about it, little to say it made me a lot more nervous than I already was, well nervous doesn't cover it, I was terrified. But it turned out to actually be a pretty good horse considering he carried me all over the mountain, and being completely unaware of what I was doing, I don't mind admitting that my seven year old out shined me tremendously. And I have to admit the only real complications we had was my own saddle soreness at the end of the day. (I am such a wuss, nobody else had this problem)
On our way back, we stoped at this little creek and let the girls get their feet wet. It felt really good and there were tons of butterflies around that kept the girls intertained.
We stoped to take a rest in this medow, Whitney got a little uncomfortable after we just went down a little steep hill (the one thing she is still a little nervous about) But within a few minutes she was ready to get back on and keep going. I was so proud of her!
Long time, no see
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment