Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Decorating 2010

For our tree this year, we went and cut one down at a neighbors house......does that make us red neck? Huh, I'll have to think about that.
Any way, we choose the one we wanted from the truck, and Adam got out and cut it down. He is trying to hide behind the tree in these pictures, but I couldn't be stopped, I finally got one of him.
If you look close in the below piture, you can see Adam smiling. Trying to hide.



The kiddo's waited in the truck, so excited!

When we got home Adam quickly got it up, and Zack was there to help all along the way. It's so funny to see them "work" together. Whenever Adam is working on something, Zack is always right there next to him, watching very intently on what Daddy is doing. He takes it very serious too, I will sometimes ask Zack what he is doing, he always answers with a very detailed jabber and then waves me away, like this is mans work mom, you need to leave. Its adorable.

Work is done, and Zack couldn't be happier. He started spinning in circles in front of the tree. Time to play!
Then I got out the lights. Zack was in awe wonderment. They were so neat!



I sat down to take a look at our progress and Zack scooted up and stood up to me, and looked at the tree in amazement. 
After the lights got on, I set the girls to work decorating it. They did a fantastic job.
This year we had to make a "baby proof" tree (if that is even possible) so I got out some white wooden ornaments I had and that became our theme, "A White Christmas Tree" with bits of brown and red, as the girls would say. I got out paper and had the girls make snow flakes. I also got out pop-cycle sticks, and had the girls glue some together to make snow flakes, but I sent Adam out side to spray paint them, and while they were drying, he forgot about them, and ran them ALL over with his truck! Can you believe that?!
Whitney kept saying the whole time, "I just love our tree! It's so pretty. What's your favorite part?"
Didn't the girls do a wonderful job decorating?
Zack has left the tree alone for the most part, I think it has to do with how freakishly pokey this one is. Really. I have battle scars by just putting the lights on the thing.

Daddy was bringing up Mom's Reindeer while Zack was waiting for him at the top of the stairs. Zack thought that it was SO FUNNY. He giggled and laughed while daddy played with him with it.





Zack for the rest of the day would just turn every once in a while and look at the tree, and say "ooooooo". It was so cute!
Grandpa Kaze came over as soon as the tree was done, and Zack started being extra silly. They started playing peek a boo on the couch. I love these pictures!




~My favorite~

And because playing with Grandpa could wear a kid out, Zack fell asleep when I was trying to feed him some dinner. Adorable.


Here is some of our other Christmas Decor.


I made this "Days Until" sign for Visiting and Home teaching gifts. Aren't they so cute. It's a chalkboard, so you can use it for Holiday's, birthday's, or any other occasion. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

What a great tradition cutting down your Christmas Tree. I love your signs!