Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pine Wood Derby

In February the beehives were in charge of YW combined activity. So we planned a mother-daughter pine wood derby race. Each girl could borrow a car, or make one with their mom. I decided to make one with my girls, of course I had to bring them along. So I bought a kit... looked at it, and then decided we were going to need some help.
INSERT MY DAD HERE.
My dad came and got the car. We showed him a picture of how we wanted it, and he brought it back a few days later, and it looked AWESOME! So we started to paint it. Whitney and Audrey both got a side, and then I did the touch up. But it still needed some thing. We put a couple of coats of gloss Mod Podge, it was better, but still not right. So the next day we headed out to 'bling' up our car.
Zack was being extra silly, and had had to 'help' with it too.








We found the perfect stickers, and wha-la. It was
PERFECT!!



Great isn't it? It's just plain awesome.

As a leader I was in charge of making some thing for the first, second and third place cars, mothers and daughters. This is what I came up with. I was also in charge of making street signs, centered around the gospel though, they turned out wonderful, and they took me FOREVER, that's why I cant believe I didn't get a picture of them, and I put them in the YW closed after.


The YW loved them. So did my girls. But unfortunately, we came in fourth. :(. But we had such a great time in the process.
Every one got a candy bar, and a certificate of participation. At the end, the refreshments were these adorable Twinkie cars, one of the other leader made them ALL. Aren't they super cute? And pink lemonade. It was a great night, I am glad I got to share it with my two favorite girls too!

Photobucket

No comments: