Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happily Ever After

On Friday night while Adam was at work me and the girls all climbed in my bed to watch the "Royal" Wedding. It was really fun listening to Whitney's giggle at every new hat she saw someone wear, I have to admit, some of them made me crack up too. It was really great, then we got to the part of the vows. I hadn't planned on making this a "lesson" but when the Priest said "Until death do you part." I couldn't help but to pause and ask the girls what would make their own wedding more special than this "Fairy Tale". They both looked at me like I had lost my mind, and was absolutely crazy. I started to explain to them what "Until death do you part" means. Audrey was shocked that they still wouldn't be a family after they died and went to heaven. I then explained why we would always be a family, and why at Daddy's and my wedding we heard a different sentence, "For time and all eternity" and how that meant we would always be together-if we followed Heavenly Father. The girls were shocked when they realized that indeed their wedding could be even more special than this "Royal" wedding on TV. It was a really special moment between all of us. I have put Royal in parenthesis because I believe what one of the ministers said in the "Royal" wedding. That all marriages are royal, because we are doing what our God in Heaven wanted us to do. I know my daughters wedding will be Royal, just like mine was. I really wanted my girls to know that they really are princesses, and are Royality.
Back in January when we had our wards New Beginnings night, we did a program called Happily Ever After, it centered around President Uchtdorf's talk in a Young Woman's Conference a year before. It was an amazing program, that came from the website Jenny Phillips. Ever since that program I have been working on getting one of the songs written out and hung up in my girls' room. It is the most amazing words, that I hope will always be in my girls' mind.

Happily Ever After
by Jenny Phillips

Once upon a time, a child was born into this life
Heaven could be seen in her eyes, there was no doubt she was divine
If you are still, you will feel the truth
That the princess in this wondrous story is you
Its your time its your destiny to shine so arise, be true to the Royal that's inside of you
Don't settle for the story that the world would have you write
You were born to reach Eternal life
Let faith fill every chapter, let the Savior lead you to, Happily Ever After
Some times in your life the world will cast a spell
and try to make your conscience fall asleep and forget the woman God would have you be
If you are still you will understand the noble role you play in his plan
Its your time, its your destiny to shine so arise, be true to the Royal that's inside of you
Don't settle for the story that the world would have you write
You were born to reach Eternal life
Let faith fill every chapter, let the Savior lead you to, Happily Ever After
When the forest fills with darkness and the wolves seek your soul
just know, you are simply in the place between once upon a time and your triumph in the end
Its your time, its your destiny to shine so arise, be true to the Royal that's inside of you
Don't settle for the story that the world would have you write
You were born to reach Eternal life
Let faith fill every chapter, let the Savior lead you to
Happily Ever After

I hope my girls will always remember that they can have their own Happily Ever After, and that's its better than any fairytale they can read of in a book, or see on TV.

If you don't have the CD, I would recommend you to buy it. I love all the songs on it, and love playing it for my girls. They need all the GOOD songs they can in all the other songs they hear every day. The CD is 'We Believe' songs for youth 2011- Jenny Phillips
  

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kylie said...

LOVE that! What a neat experience, that they will never forget!

Jessie said...

Your a such a good Mommy! I am going to use that for sure with my girls and Young Women.