Well, it is unless its stuck in a nose. Last night after Adam got the girls in bed, and he THOUGHT they were asleep, Audrey came in and crawled into bed with me, I was reading, which usually only happens after the girls are in bed. She said she couldn't sleep, so I told her to get in daddy's bed and to try. After a min or two she got up and went into her bathroom, and when she came back, her face was all red, and she came over and tried to whisper in my ear, but she was talking to quietly for me to understand. Finally I got out of her that she was trying to do something funny, but now it's stuck, and she doesn't want to tell me because I'll be mad. I asked her "What got stuck?" and she just started crying, so I tried "Where is it stuck?" and after a few seconds she said, "In my nose!" And that started another round of tears. And sure enough, when I looked up, there was something shiny and sparkly in her nose, and in a house full of almost all girls, there are to many shiny and sparkly things to be able to guess what it could be. At first I was stunned, what do I do now? I ran to the garage where Adam was and told him he had to take Audrey to the doctor, she has something stuck in her nose. Well, he just started laughing, I guess he didn't believe me, for all he knew she was in bed asleep. "It's starting to bleed" I told him, and he came to realize that I was indeed serious. "Are you freaking kidding me" he said, and then started laughing again, and said, "We just learned about this in church on Sunday, that we are supposed to laugh at adversity"
"Well start laughing, because it's here." I said. Audrey was starting to really cry now and said it was hurting so we got the non-troubling kid out of bed, and we made a quick run to the doctor, who was only going to be there another 45 min.
After 2 hours at the doctors (they where having a very busy night, lucky us) They were finally able to get the jewel out of her nostril, and we didn't have to head to the emergency room where they would have had to sedate her, which the doctor told me would probably happen. But my prayers were answered, Audrey was relatively good (She might be used to getting held down by doctors and nurses by now) and they finally sent us home, with our nostrils clear. If you have kids, it might be wise to have this conversation with them, before they decide to "Do something funny"
Long time, no see
10 years ago


3 comments:
Glad you two could laugh about it! I don't know if I would have been. That seems like such a little boy trick I am sure you were surprised that cute little Audrey did that. Glad she is doing well. Oh to find joy in the journey!
Oh my gosh Audrey ! I cant believe that did Whit have anything to do with talking you into it ? jk your so Cute! Love you lots
Good times! I am glad they were able to get it out without sedating her. My sister shoved an old M&M up my nose once, it wasn't fun at all. Hopefully there will be no more trips to the doctor for you to dig for treasures. :)
Post a Comment