Friday, June 17, 2011

Pom-Pom Shooters and Ringy Thingies

We haven't done very many crafts yet this summer. We have been very busy doing yard work and yard clean-up, (wish I would have taken some before and afters, they would have been so cool) and we have been working in the garden a lot. So we only have done two projects. So far they have been fun things to do out side.
First I made some of these marshmallow shooters. We use pom-poms in them though, but the marshmallows do work a lot better, but for inside play the pom poms are a lot less mess. The kids LOVE them, I made enough for all the kids and me and Adam to have one, so we can have a family shoot out if we want. I let the girls each decorate their own, and I painted Zack's. I ended up spray painting mine and Adams and it worked a lot better. The kids have had so much fun with them, Zack ended up stuffing like thirty pom-pom into his though, and it took a long while to get them all out, but other than that they have been great.
Whitney went straight for her favorite color- blue.

Audrey decided to paint each different section a different color.


Both of them turned out super cute!

Zack was happy watching while munching on banana bread and cheese crackers.


Here they all are finished, Adams is orange, mine is pink, Whitney's is blue and green and Audrey's is all different colors, and Zacks is brown.



The next week I (and Adam too) made these ring toss boards. I got the idea off a Wii game the girls played at Grandma Lories. We had the girls paint them, which they really enjoyed. I had a hard time finding rings to use, so until I find some I just got some paper plates and cut the centers out, and they have worked great, they are just like Frisbee's.
They girls picked out three different colors of paint, Whitney went straight for blue, Audrey decided on purple and I colored the pink one.



Didn't they turn out so cute!?


They are also VERY fun, the girls love it. I love Audrey's face these next few pictures, she is concentrating so hard!





Zack woke up and came to join the fun. His favorite part was moving them around the yard though.




He moved all three here, and turned around to look at them, and thought it was oh so funny, I just love this picture, he is such a crazy little boy.


He then had to try them out.

We were all sitting and taking a little rest, when Zack watched Audrey crawl across the cement, he then had to copy her, but it didn't feel to good on his knees so he started crawling around like this, We all started laughing at him, his sisters thought it was just the funniest thing they ever saw. It was so cute, and I got a pretty good laugh out of it too!




A helicopter came and flew right over our house, and its the first time Zack noticed one in the air, he thought it was so neat, he kept pointing to it- so cute!

He watched it until it flew out of sight.
Photobucket

No comments: