Our Monster book of Monsters.
We went and bought some notebooks at the store. I made sure to get ones that had a hard cardboard outside, so it will stand up to a lot, and hold the fur better. And then I just hot glued it on, and folded over the edges and glued them down too.
Whitney loved that it had a class schedule on the front, she has already filled hers out with her Hogwarts schedule. For the rest of the inside covers, I glued down construction paper to cover up all the writing.
I colored the edges of the paper brown to match.
Ta-Da!
One little boy was SO excited!
Then I let the girls go, and they used their imaginations and made some really great monster books.
Of course you need to make a belt for it too, you don't want to loose any fingers now do you?
I made Zack's. I started out with a tongue and some googly eyes I covered half way with fur.
Then added fangs and teeth and some cute little ears. Oh and some spots too.
Then tied it up with some twine, and your already for the Care of Magical Creatures class, tell Hagrid hi!
Audrey's book.
Zack loved his too, don't get to close, he likes to make his book attack you!
Whitney's book
Whitney took a picture of all the things we have done so far.
I also found a free printable of the Marauders Map and instructions on how to fold it, that my kids LOVE. You can find it HERE.

1 comment:
Completely awesome!
Post a Comment