Thursday, March 5, 2009

Whitney's Lucky Day

Okay, so yesterday afternoon, the girls went out to help Adam feed, and stayed out there playing after Adam came in, well a little while later, Whitney comes running up the stairs with her whole mouth full of blood, and ran in the bathroom. She hands me a half of a tooth, a half of a permenant one. Yea, the little piece on the right side of the box in the picture below. Not only did she hand me the tooth, but when I finally got a good look, there was also a little piece of her lip MISSING, and a hole on the inside of her mouth, bleeding pretty bad. Well, by this point Whitney was having a freak out, the freak out of all freak outs, so I thought, she later would have a bigger one in the Dentist office. So we rushed her to the dentist, and he came out and talked to her, and got her calmed down, a little bit, but that only lasted until they tried to get an x-ray, and then we had another round of hysteria, and when they finally got her to corporate, the machine quit working, fabulous timing wouldn't you agree? They finally got the x-ray, and then it was time for the dentist to give us the news. We had two options, the first, he could do a root canal, and put a crown in, but crowns usually don't last very long, the most 20 years, so chances are before she was thirty, she would lose it, and have a space in her teeth. Option two, he would pull it out, because with her being young and her teeth still growing, her teeth would push together and fill the gap, the downside to this one is she will need braces when she gets older, and the middle line of her teeth will never match up. So we decided on option two, as you can see in the picture below, and that is how the king of all freak outs began. In the end Adam was able to hold her down and practically had to sit on her, and the job got done. But not before she wore Adam, me, the doc, and his assistant completely out. After all that we got down to what really happened, the girls were playing with a bungy cord, each had an end, and Whitney told Audrey to climb up the play house and hook it on something up there, well Audrey wasn't able to hold on very long, and it came back and hit Whitney right in the mouth. Ouch. And That's our very long story, and hopefully our last for a very long time. Our girls have been keeping us on our toes lately and we all need a break. No more bungy cords and no more beads in the nose.






5 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh no! This reminds me of myself when I was just a little bit older than Whit. Who put that parked truck there anyway? Sorry Whit, I still hate the dentist!

Kelsie said...

Crazy! You guys are full of adventures! :) I hope she's feeling OK!

Jonsson's Journey's said...

Whitney Oh my gosh I cant believe what little dare devils you and your sister are , I hope your feeling better! I love you wish I was there to give you a Big HUG!

Teresa said...

Oh that is awful!! I hope she's feeling better. The dentist is not fun period!! We had one of those freak outs when Sawyer had to get 2 teeth pulled.
Give Whitney our get well wishes!

Jonny O said...

omg! that is looks so ouch!!!!! i think you made a good choice to have it pulled. ryler had to have braces for that same reason, he didnt have a permentant tooth under a baby one so they had to realine his teeth. i hope you feel better whitney!