Sunday, August 30, 2009

Audrey's 1st Day of Kindergarten- AKA The Day I Have Been Dreading For Over 5 Years

On Wednesday my baby girl started Kindergarten, and some how, I survived the day, though I'm not sure how. She was up at the crack of dawn ready to get in the shower and be off to school. Afternoon Kindergarten made it a VERY long morning. She was very adamant about me not driving her, she was riding the bus! Days before I kept telling her I was going to kidnap her and head for the border, so she couldn't leave me. Her response, "You have to let me go, mom. But I'll miss you too!"
She has been my little side kick for too long, and I'm not ready to give that up. She only went 3 days last week, and one of them I was at school with her, volunteering, and already my cupboards have been cleaned and organized (I thought about putting them in alphabetical order, but thought that was a little overboard) and my storage room down stairs is getting a remake. I am really not sure how I'm going to make it all the way to May. Though, I guess in December I will have another little buddy to hang out with, and a VERY clean house.
Audrey LOVES kindergarten, and riding the bus, and I am very grateful for that, I just wish she was a little, tiny bit hesitant to leave her mommy. Friday night she did write me a story, entitled "Why I love Mommy" It made my day.


Audrey and her "Appealing" Banana

Whitney had to have a water bottle for school this year, and Audrey had to follow suit with her own, she hasn't for got about it yet.
I love this picture, she was SO excited to see the bus coming!
She took off running to get on, I had to pull her back to get a hug and kiss.
On her way home!

I made her "1st day" brownies and ice cream, they BOTH loved that!


On the way home, Whitney found a little lost kitten, and brought it home, I guess its the newest addition to our little farm.


2 comments:

Kylie said...

I can't believe Audrey is school! I'm glad she is loving it though.

Maria said...

They grow up too fast :( If you get sick of organizing your house, my house could use an organizing makeover... j/k! December (and May) will be here before you know it!