Thursday, December 16, 2010

Advent Tree's

When Audrey got home from school one day a few weeks ago, she had a ornament she had made that day, and wanted to make a tree to go with it. So I came up with an idea to make a advent tree. I had wanted to make an advent calendar of some sorts, but had run out of time. So I got out the roll of paper, traced out a tree for each girl, and then let them color it. Whitney wanted to make her own number day ornaments, while Audrey wanted to color some. So I did a quick google search and found some printable coloring pages, with ornaments that worked perfectly. I think they both had turned out wonderfully. I had cookies coming out of the oven when they got home, so it was a wonderful afternoon making trees, listening to Christmas music, and eating cookies. I love day's like this.
After they were done we hung them on the bedroom doors, Whitney's is on Zack's door, so cute, I just love her hand drawn ornaments she made.
Audrey wasn't feeling great (this is the day she came home, and ended up being sick all night) but she was bound and determined to finish her tree to hang up her ornament she made at school.

Audrey wanted her tree cut out. I love how all her ornaments are the same, but none of them match. (except for the big red one she made at school) She wrote the day numbers on the little circle in the middle of all of them. So cute. Audrey's is on the girls' door. It's so fun to watch them get excited to hang up there ornament for that day, especially when they missed the day before, It's like the world is going to end because there not caught up. So they have to do it as fast as they can. :)
Zack was happy to just eat cookies and watch.



~On a different subject~
Audrey has waited a long time to wear this shirt. It was Whitney's, and this year finally made it down to Audrey. It totally fits her personality. :)


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

What a great idea for advent calendars. Zack is a mini Adam for sure! I love the shirt Audrey!