After Laurens baptism we came home and Adam took Whitney on a horse ride. While they were gone Audrey and I designed a storage trunk for my sewing machine, which had always just been stored in an old diaper box, and after it had been tipped over one to many times, I was adamant on finding it a safer home. All the trunks I have seen online or at thrift stores were a little to pricey for me. And you cant beat FREE! Since we already had all the stuff on hand, It was my wish come true. As soon as Adam got home, I showed him my drawing, and to my surprise, and delight, my sweet, adorable, wonderful husband went right to work! He even finished it that night! I just love him to pieces. The next morning I had a early meeting at church, and while I was gone, Adam took these pictures. The kids had also fallen in love with my box, but to them it was a train. Whitney was the conductor. They had a wonderful morning playing in the trunk, it was simply adorable.
The girls also said it was a great cage for Zack, but he didn't seem to mind! :)
Stay tuned for the "finished" project. It will blow your mind at how cute it turned out. It also was the reason of the start of some other 'small' projects after we got it done. :) Good thing Adam spent a couple of days out of town a couple of weeks later, perfect time to do some remodeling! ;), Just the kind he loves.

No comments:
Post a Comment