Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Toddler


My toddler, I hate saying that, mostly because I feel like I haven't been able to say 'my baby' for very long. I get weekly updates from a website about what stage he is in now. For a whole year they always sent me one labeled "Your baby", and I remember when he turned one they started saying "Your toddler". I hated it. I think I cried for the first ten of them. It just isn't fair they grow up so fast. I am about six months behind on my updates for Zack. I'm really terrible. So I am going to try and write down some things I remember and some things that are happening now. Wish me luck. But at least now I have a spot to come back to and add on as I remember.
Zack is such a little boy. In every way. He is walking (for about two months now, he started when he was about 14 months) and climbing on EVERYTHING. He uses the kitchen table chairs to get up on what ever he wants, the table, up to the windows, up to the computer, the counter tops, couches, benches, TV tables. And it isn't enough that he just gets up there, but he has NO FEAR, at all, especially of heights. He will get up on the counter or table, and has no problem standing up on them to walk around. He scares the bazebes out of me. Needless to say, he has to be watched constantly.
He loves to play with his trucks and cars. They are ALL over the house, you have to watch your step all the time, I talk of experience.
He LOVES the out doors. He spends a good part of his day at the back doors staring out side. When I bring him in in the morning for breakfast he has to look out side first and make sure every thing is as it should be, oh and usually yell at the chickens and Buddy. So cute. With the warmer weather he wants to be outside ALL DAY LONG. And if Daddy or the girls are out there, he will cry and cry until some one comes to get him and take him out as well. When he is out there he needs constant supervision. Because he goes, and goes and goes. He needs to figure EVERYTHING out... the road, the dirt, the garden, but his favorite place to run off to is Buddy's kennel and the chicken coop. We were out the other day and I watched him walk back to stand by Buddy's kennel, I looked away for just a moment, and when I looked back I couldn't find him anywhere... I should mention here that he is freaking awesome at ignoring his mom too. I walked back there only to find that he had sat down next to the chickens in their coop to watch and play with them. Completely content where he was. Ya, compare that to his sister, Whitney, who wont even go past the grass out back because of her terrible fear of the creatures.
He loves to dig in the dirt, and 'shovel' it on the the grass, with his hands.
When he was little younger, and still scooting around, I would be working in the kitchen, doing dishes, or making dinner he would ALWAYS come up to my leg and give me a 'leg hug'. It was the sweetest most adorable thing ever and I loved them so much. When he started waking I was afraid they would stop, but they didn't, much to my relief. They aren't as often as they were, but he still does it some times, it melts my heart every time.
He loves to 'help' build fires. He knows he cant get to close, but he likes to hand you the wood. When he thinks you have enough, he will always try and steal one, and run off with it. It's kinda funny that one of his favorite toys is a stick of fire wood.
He knows where his nose and ears are, its so cute to watch him find them when you ask.
He has thirteen teeth now. (Just got two more last week)
He is a great eater. But just lately he is becoming more picky, not so happy about that.
When Adam is in the garage, and Zack hears him in there working, Zack will insist the door to be open so he can sit on the stairs and watch him. I think it is adorable. Here are some pictures of it.




He is pretty great when we go shopping (I hope I'm not jinxing myself here). But he usually sits in the cart and is just wonderful the whole time.
Zack loves music, and loves to sing. He will usually wave his arms around ( I think he got this from the chorister at Church) and sing. He finds a song he really loves he will dance to it... rocking back and forth. One day he disappeared for a moment, and I found him in his room. He had gone in and turned on his nap time music, climbed up in the rocker and was rocking himself listening to the music. It was so cute.
He loves to read, he will read some of the books I have in his room for him, but his favorite place is in the girls room. He climbs up on Audrey's bed, then from there climbs up on to the desk and then he stands up and can reach the girls' books. Which scares me silly.
He has always LOVED shoes and socks. He is always willing to put his shoes on. When we started to put shoes on him to go out, he loved having them on, and he would walk around taking big, LOUD steps in his shoes, it was really funny to watch. He has since learned how to walk normally.
He loves to draw.... I have cleaned his 'pictures' off of floors, desks, windows, walls, COMPUTER screens and really any thing else you can think of... MAYBE some day his sisters will learn to put away all their stuff. I keep telling them, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in yet.
He has become attached to flossing his teeth. He sees me do it every night, and he insists on having his teeth done too.
He had his first ice cream cone the other day, he loved it. And of course you cant love something that much with out making a huge mess. Which he did. But it was to cute not to love.
He still likes his baths, but not as much as before, I think because there isn't that many things you can explore in the tub, he needs to get out and get going.
To say he loves pushing buttons is a huge understatement. You wouldn't believe how many buttons you come across in one day.
He loves to come up to you and push your nose, and he will make a honking sound to go with it. If you make it for him, he giggles and giggles.
He has become very attached to his Daddy. It's so cute. For a while, some time ago, every time he would hear the front door open, where ever he was at in the house, he would yell "DAAAAAAAAD!" So super cute. His sisters would open the door just to hear him yell, and to tease him. He wants to follow Adam every where, and to help him work on anything. He is in heaven when he takes him on a quick four wheeler ride around the block.
Zack is some what of a clean freak. He likes things put away, and clean. If you hand him a rag he will go around wiping every thing down, its one of his favorite toys, it voluntary, I don't force him into child labor. :)
He just started to 'click' his tongue. He was so proud of himself when he figured it out. He was all smiles. Now he is always clicking his tongue, usually when he is bored, or wants attention.
More to come later.
  

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love his silly little faces. YOu always just capture the best pics. He is growing up way too fast. I was hoping to see the little guy in person this weekend. My fault I didn't call you earlier. Did you have fun in St. George?