On one of Adam's day off, we had just came back from being in town, doing what I cant remember, what I can remember is that it was HOT! So, so hot, so I got out a big tarp for the kids, and made a water slide. The girls were having the time of their lives, Zack thought it was so silly, and would laugh every time his sisters slid. He was content with playing with the hose.
We got the little pool out for Zack, I didn't even bother with a swimsuit. He didn't mind.
Whitney decided to turn on the grass sprinklers, which Zack has always been kind of afraid of, so I took him in my arms and ran through them with him, and it became one of his new favoritist things to do. He kept taking his sisters hands, and making them run through them with him. It was adorable to watch, his little giggle made me laugh. (even to this day, he loves for you to spray the hose for him, so he can run through, it is so cute!)
They both were laughing so hard in this picture, so cute.
Well... then things changed. Adam came around front, and the girls decided to ambush him, and got him pretty wet. Which meant all out war, I tried to stay out of it, but as I was sitting on the porch, taking over the role as picture taker, Adam came up and DRENCHED me with a huge bucket of water. So I was part of the war now.
Audrey took pity on her dad, when he said he was worried about getting a sunburn, so she ran in the house and found him some lotion, AND put it on him for him.
Whitney stood by, waiting for the time out to be over.
It started up again, and we had a huge family water fight. Every one but Adam got soaking wet, I was so wet I even decided to try the slip and slide. I thought I did pretty well, but Adam started laughing and told me it was very graceful, being very sarcastic of course. It was really fun, I just wish I could have dunked Adam a few times, one day I'll get my revenge, one day.
And that was the end of the pictures, because no one was dry enough to touch the camera any more.
I love days like this with my little family.

1 comment:
You guys seriously do the funnest things! Your kids are going to remember that forever. So so fun!
Post a Comment