Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Bird

One night while we were out doing chores, Whitney walked over to water the horses, and she found a little bird, barely alive trying not to drown in the water. She immediately fell in love, and had to save it.

It was so exhausted that it could hardly move, so she dried it off and held it until it started to be able to move around itself.




It was able to jump out of her hands and start walking around, so I went inside to start dinner. When I heard her screaming I ran out to find it trying to fly off, but it couldn't go to far, and our cat, Susan, was trying to catch her...you know... to have her own dinner. So we had a little nervous breakdown. Whitney was throwing cat food at Susan, so she would eat that instead of her bird, and she was crying hysterically. I quickly helped her catch the cats and lock them in the garage, until her bird was strong enough to fly off. She ended up saving the bird, twice. She was the hero for the day.



Zack thought it was all interesting, even though his sisters wouldn't let him close to the bird. He did get a little jealous of all the pictures I was taking of the bird and Whitney, so he made me take a couple of him.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Way to go Whitney!