This year both of my girls entered the Reflections Contest at school. The Theme this year is "Diversity Is..."
Audrey drew a picture, I thought it was so cute, and creative.
(I should mention here that it was hat day at school)
She didn't win but she got a candy bar and a package of Microwave Popcorn along with her participation certificate. She was really disappointed. They lady over it came up to me after the Assembly and told me how much she loved Audrey's picture, and she thought she should have won, that made her feel a little better.
Whitney entered into two categories this year, Literature and Visual Arts. She had worked on her story for months and months. And Drew a picture too.
They called us the night before to let us know Whitney won an award, so we would be sure and be there. They called her up for winning first place in Literature. She was so excited and surprised, I hadn't told her they had called.
Last year they had a hard time getting the award over all her hair, this year they had a hard time getting it over her hat.
She couldn't wait to check it out!
They sent her over to get pictures with all the other winners....
And was SUPER SURPRISED when the called her name for first place for Visual Arts too!! I was trying to get a picture of her reaction, but it all happened to fast, and I missed it.
She was all smiles. It was really funny, even the principal thought her reaction was funny, you can see him laughing in the photo below.
She couldn't stop smiling, it was adorable, I was oh so proud of her! I didn't ever get a picture of her picture, and since it won, it moved on to State, so I will have to post a picture of it later.
Zack was there too, he was a good little boy, eating a box of Dots, his new favorite treat.
After the Assembly, I had a really happy girl, and one not so happy girl, and the not so happy girl I let come home with me. On the way home we passed the park and she asked if we could stop and play for a bit, and I couldn't disappoint her any further, so even though it was pretty chilly out, we stopped to play.
Zack was having SO MUCH FUN. I kept trying to get a good picture of him, but every time he turned his head laughing at the very last second.
Audrey's new favorite toy on the play ground at school is the Monkey Bars, so she went right over to this toy and started trying to drop down and swing.
She was so nervous to drop down, I had to go help her a couple of times.
This is his fake smile, he starts after I have taken to many pictures of him.
Audrey started to get a little silly one the bars. And wanted me to take a picture of her like this,
Right when I was taking them Zack casually walked underneath and grabbed a handful of Audrey's hair, and kept walking off with it, I guess it is to be expected with brothers.

1 comment:
What talented girls you have Erica! I agree that Audrey totally should of won too. Congrats to Whitney. That's awesome!
Post a Comment