Saturday, December 31, 2011

Two Good Dogs

The past couple of months have been quite hard for our little family. Back in October we lost our little Lucy. It was a horrible accident. The girls had a pretty hard time, especially Audrey, and myself. Adam buried her between two trees out back. One morning before school I couldn't find the girls, I found them out back sitting where Adam buried her. They had got a piece of plywood and sat on top of the ground and had written Lucy's name one it, along with a special message. I thought it very sweet, but knew a more permanent sentiment needed to be made. I made a wooden bench and carved her name into it and placed it above her. The girls loved it. We miss you Little Miss Lucy of Lakeside. You were a great dog.
Lucy-2004-2011.

A couple of months later, on a cold winter day, December 2nd, to be exact, Adam went out to do chores, and found our Buddy curled up facing the chickens, where he had passed away peacefully. Buddy was our first child, we got him in the year 2000, before we had any human children. Adam picked him out as puppy and have been attached since. The first month we had him we were living at my parents house, while we finished building our house. The first week Adam slept on the floor with him and got up faithfully every two to three hours to let him out. (I might add at this point, that he has never been so faithful with our children) Buddy made a great hunter and Adam loved taking him with him. And even though they had there differences often (Buddy liked to wander where he shouldn't) Adam always loved his "good old dog" as I heard him call him many times. Buddy was a good dog. I miss his barks, something I didn't think I would, but I do. Sometimes I think I can still hear him out there barking at the neighbor dogs. So I have another name to add to our bench, as we buried him next to Lucy. We miss you something terrible Buddy, but we know someone in Heaven is watching you and Lucy sleep at their feet.
Buddy-2000-2011



So we were dog-less, for the first time in a very long time, but that didn't last more than a month, more to come on that later, :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Sorry to hear about your dogs. That's rough. Excited to hear about your new addition.