A couple of weeks ago, I reported how Whitney went on her first pheasant hunting trip with the boys. What I didn't report was how they didn't bring home a single bird, they did however bring home a cow. Yes a cow, but this cow hadn't been alive for a very, very long time. So much so that all that was left of it was it's bones. Bones. My husband and Craig, let our children drag back almost a full skeleton of a cow....... I wasn't so thrilled. First that they would even let them TOUCH them, but secondly they let them pack them up and bring them to MY house. :/ Well when the kids got home from school yesterday, they had their plan ready, they wanted to take the bones to school the next day for show and tell. I immediately said no. But they had already talked to their teacher, and I guess I was the only one not on board with the plan. So, as you can see, they got their way, and headed off to school with a big bag full of bones. Whitney said she would be very careful not to lose any, and I told her it would be OK, accidents do happen, and we would recover. Maybe all her friends would like some? But I don't think Whitney or Kaydon is ready to part with any of them, maybe someday. (sooner, rather than later. I hope.)

3 comments:
GROSS! But thats kind of funny they took them to school. Im sure they will have a blast showing them off.
You are a good mom for letting them bring those bones in your house!!! I love your blog this month and I check it very often to see all the new stuff for Twilight!
It's great thanks.
My loveley daughter-in-law told me to check out your blog. All the fun Twilight info. As I scroll down enjoying I see a photo 'cow bones' your daughter, and .... wait... Kayd. What's my Kayd doing here. Oh, I see. Hunting with dad and friends.
Very funny!! Thanks for sharing.
Kayd's Grandma RaNae
Post a Comment