There is a song that says "The closesest thing to heaven, is a child" That couldn't be more true. And I am so grateful for the little bit of heaven we have had in our home the last month. When he sleeps and smiles, I wonder what he is dreaming of, maybe of all the loved ones he left in heaven.
Here is some tid-bits of Zack at one month
I have left him a total of FOUR times, once to Wal-mart, once to Bunko, and twice to Young Womens- each time was very hard. An hour seemed like forever, I'm sure Adam thought so too, he was home with him each time. Zack's fussy time starts every day at about six at night, and has gone as long as three-thirty in the morning. (yes, it was a VERY long night, for both of us) But I really don't mind too much, this too shall pass, and one day I will look back on this time and miss it terribly. We have found a little trick though, Zack LOVES having his feet rubbed, and it usually calms him down, at least for a moment or two. We have also found a hot bath with mom or dad does the trick too, until you remove him from the bath, but the 20-30 minutes of peace is wonderful. He still loves to be sung to, his sisters are always willing, as am I. He loves to sit/sleep next to the fire place, which is where we have ended up sleeping an awful lot lately (at this point it is whatever works) But HATES to sleep on his back, he has to sleep on his right side.
Zack, ever since he was born, always has his pointer finger and thumb streched all the way out, you might recognize it as a "L" sign, but as for his big sister, Audrey, it means "Loser", and she is SO sure he is calling HER a loser. All day long we hear Audrey say "I AM NOT A LOSER!" to Zack. I dont think she minds too much because she invented a song she sings to him every day, which I call "I love you more than anything" (so so sweet) Any way, in this song she mentions how much she loves him and will never leave him, even though he calls her a loser. :) I told her it stands for Lou-Lou, and that he is just saying "HI" to his big sister, but she doesn't buy it.
Another thing I love is wherever Zack is, his sisters arent far away. They gravitate towards him when ever they are home. He has brought such joy and happiness in our home, I love him oh so much, even though I get peed on, cried too (alot), spit on, and kept awake all hours of the night. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Again, here are just a "few" pictures of our little man
Mamma's little bear
Audrey ran to get her fingers in this picture, a little pay back for all the "loser" signs I guess :)
I love how his chubby cheeks hang down to his chest, so cute

2 comments:
What a sweet little guy! I can't believe how fast he is growing and changing. :)
I love those chubby cheaks, so cute!
Post a Comment