Audrey lost her second tooth the other day, to her delight. She had such a fun time leaving her tooth for the Tooth Fairy last time, she couldn't wait to do it again. But this time around she had questions. She got a piece of paper and started writing. If you can't read the following letter, this is what it says.
"Dear Tooth Fairy,
Why don't I get to keep my tooth, and other people do???"
Some little girl in Audrey's class got to keep one of her teeth, and Audrey didn't think that was very fair, even Whitney got to keep one of hers, Adam told her it was because Whitney's wasn't a baby tooth, and the dentist had to pull it out, but she didn't think that was fair either. So she had to find out the reason. We even got to have a "ceremony" of sorts placing the tooth and letter under her pillow, and ALL of us got to help. She is just full of surprises, always keeping us entertained. What a clever little girl she is. Well the next morning when she woke, she found two dollars, and a letter from the Tooth Fairy, she was so, so excited. The Tooth Fairy was kind of taken by surprise, and didn't have very much time to come up with a great response, but Audrey was pleased.
So you would think that would be the end of the questions, um, no. She has more, like what is the Tooth Fairy's real name, what does she do with all the teeth and why some people get more money then others, and some get toys and others don't. A girl full of questions. She is looking forward to her next lost tooth, so she can write again, and get some answers. (I hope the Tooth Fairy can come up with some good answers for her next time)
Audrey's letter




1 comment:
I think the tooth fairy gave a very clever response! There is a good book that talks about what other countries do with their teeth. I think it's called "Throw Your Tooth on the Roof". I use to read it to my students. I just got one of my teeth pulled I should of left it under the pillow. I could of used 2 dollars!
Post a Comment