Adam and the girls dropped me off and picked me up from girls camp. I loved being up there, but I missed my little ones like crazy. The time came for when Adam should be showing up, and I was a little more than antsy. I saw them pull in and I was so excited. I got in the truck and we started heading back out, I turned around and said hello to the girls, and they told me all about the fun they had with daddy all day. After they were done I got Zack's attention, and got a huge gummy smile that I just love, he stared at me smiling for a little bit and then all of a sudden he started screaming. We didn't get that far down the road before we had to pull over and let mom and baby reunite. I got him out of his seat and he grabbed my shirt with both fists and layed his head on my shoulder and started gabbing, and talking, I'm sure telling me all the things daddy did wrong, aka- not the same as mommy. And how LONG I was gone, and to never do that again. we played together for a few minutes while daddy and the girls went for a little walk, and then he was just fine, we were able to put him back in his seat and head home, but it was then that I noticed that DAD BURNT THE BABY!! Even though I had sun block in the bag, he didn't use it. He said he is to high mantainence, changing of diapers, eating, napping, AND sun block is just too much.
Every time I looked backed on the way home, he had his head turned around and was looking at me, making sure I wouldn't disappear again.
Every time I looked backed on the way home, he had his head turned around and was looking at me, making sure I wouldn't disappear again.
Ever since then he has been very clingy and for a few days he wouldn't even take a nap in his crib, he made me go lay down in my bed with him, where he kept a big fistful of my shirt until he fell asleep.
It makes a mom feel pretty loved. I feel the same way he does though, I just have to act like a grown up about it most of the time. Not sure when I am going to be able to be separated again, at least for longer than 3 hours. :)

1 comment:
I would have missed my kids like crazy too. Hopefully you won't have to leave them again anytime soon. It is nice to be missed though! :)
Post a Comment