The last day of school this year was a half day. I usually have something fun for them planned. But as I sent them off to school that morning, I still didn't have anything planned yet. So I was looking on Pinterest (thank you Pinterest) and came across a bus stop party, welcoming the kids to summer. So I hurried and made some phone calls, and with the wonderful neighborhood we live in, we had a party planned and done in just a couple of hours.
I had to rush pretty fast to make these cute little buggers.
Then we all met up at the bus stop and decorated the road with sidewalk chalk. Zack (center, right) wasn't so sure what to think.
Cute huh?
We were able to get every mom there, and even one dad!
We made a couple of signs. And waited for the bus...
The kids were hanging out the windows yelling before the bus even stopped. And then we (the parents) all started yelling and cheering "Welcome to summer!!" and the kids all ran off, screaming, surprised and so excited!! Even their bus driver started cheering and honking the bus' horn. We gave her a little treat too!
They kept saying that they had the best bus stop, and were so so happy!
All the moms brought a different treat, so they all got sugared up real fast. :)
We already have plans started for next year, that is going to blow this years away!! Welcome to summer kiddos, you all deserve a good break!

2 comments:
Seriously you are the coolest mother on the block! I want to be your neighbor. Can't wait to see what you've got planned for next year.
That is the cutest idea! I'm going to have to remember that when my kids are in school.
Post a Comment