A few weeks ago Adam had 5 day's off of work. One of those day's we spent getting the garden the rest of the way planted, and watered. We made the girls come out and help... which they did for a while, until they got hot, and realized how cool and fun the water could be, and they started "water racing", which is running down the rows of water to see who could make it first. At first it wasn't to bad, until they started falling down and getting completely covered in mud. And then I think it sort of turned into lets see who could get the muddiest AND make it down the row first. And of course they taught Zack this little game too.
Whitney won quite a few times.
I don't think Zack ever won, but it didn't stop him from throwing his hands up and shouting like his sisters did, like when they won, or getting completely caked in mud too.
Audrey trying to clean her...backside from all the dirt under her clothes.
Whitney "fell" an awful lot.
They had so much fun. They didn't think it was quite so fun when I wouldn't let them go in and change out of their soaking wet muddy clothes... I made them stand still while I got the hose and completely sprayed them off head to toe. ( I LOVED that part, he,he,he)
After we all got cleaned up, Adam made us a late lunch in the dutch ovens.
Barbecue chicken, potatoes and a really scrumptious apple cobbler.
Waiting is the hardest part...
Zack loved eating outside under the umbrella.

No comments:
Post a Comment