Thursday, January 17, 2013

3 And 33

On our birthday this year, we had a quiet day at home, while daddy slept (graveyard shift is so wonderful) and the girls were at school, we made us a birthday cake.
Zack loved helping 'clean up' :)

 
We had a 'tractor' cake. It didn't turn out like the cakes I was coping on Pinterest. But Zack LOVED it, and that's all that mattered.


 
Grandpa Kaze came over around five, and Zack got started opening his presents, well, and soon as mom went down stairs and wrapped them really quick.







 
While shopping at Home Depot one day, Zack saw this construction site play mat, and refused to put it back, he carried it around the store for about 25 min. so it ended up coming home with us, but I was able to hide it from him, and he got it for a birthday present. (btw- he isn't spoiled at all)

 
Trying to do his smiley face, but was to busy wanting to play with his new toys...

 
A little later Grandma and Grandpa Peterson showed up, he got right to opening those presents too







 

 
Then it was time to sing and have cake and ice cream. Zack had been waiting for this all day long. In fact, I am surprised the cake lasted all day with out being demolished. He had to sit on the new little table grandma and grandpa brought with them.


 
Last year, he loved the blowing out the candles part, and made us redo it over and over, but this year, as soon as he was done blowing out the candles this year, he was ripping them off and immediately started 'diggin' with his tractors. He was so cute about it too, you could tell he had been planning this the whole day.






 
The cake got demolished, and was un-edible, but I had planned on this, and had a small one ready for us to enjoy.
 
Then it was back to playing...








 
It was a great day, I was getting a small cold, so kind of stayed out of the lime light, but I just love, love sharing my birthday with this little boy who I simply adore....
Photobucket

No comments: