Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

When we woke up Christmas Eve morning, it was a beautiful (cold) winters day. I got up and ran into Wal-Mart real quick, and by the time I got home, Adam and the kiddo's were eating pancakes. We baked the morning away making a dessert to take with us for Grandmas house. BUT, by the time we were ready to head out, it looked like this....
We waited for a while for it to blow over, and it put us WAY behind schedule. In fact, by the time we got to Grandpa's we only had enough time to really say hi, until we had to run over to see my grandma real quick. Adam told me that we could try to come back the next day, and spend a little more time with her, but I told him that I had gone to my grandma Fischer's every year I have been alive, (at least I think when I was only 4 days old I did?) and I wasn't missing this one. So we went for a really quick visit, and then headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Petersons.
 When we got there, Zack went straight to Little People, and wooden train Grandma Lorie always has by her fire place.
 
When Zack is busy with toys, he only gives me about a 3 second window for a picture, I usually just miss it...
 
Two cute girls waiting for the annual DVD game to begin
 
They got a little bored, :)

 
Picking our numbers

 
Zack LOVED his movie :)
 
Audrey in a debate with herself, trying to decide if she wanted to keep it or not, we ended up keeping that one, the Fox and the Hound 1 and 2.

 
Megan ended up stealing this from Whitney...
 
While all us big kids played, these two found their own fun...

 
Hmmmm?
 
So cute!
 
When everyone got ready to go to the Christmas program, we stayed behind and played.




 
Zack and Adam found the food.

 
Then all of us went in and watched Zack play with Audrey's marbles
 
He would put the marbles in, and then stop them with his foot, silly boy
 
Audrey cracked us all up, Listen to this video
("I hope they don't get back to soon... its peaceful without all those children, lol)
 
When they finally did all get back, Zack and Colin had a pillow fight,
 
After dinner, we all got ready for the Christmas Eve story.


 
Zack played with the trains again
 

 
Then it was present time, homemade Jammies from Grandma, Zack sat waiting, he was so certain his present was a 'tractor', ha-ha, he ran around looking at everyone's, trying to find one, but never did, it took some convincing to make him realize there wasn't a tractor in one. :)



 
He liked his pj's though
 
So did she
 
And her too!
 
An empty box is pretty great too...
 
Next was picture time, and true to his nature, our little boy made it a miserably time for everyone. I thought this might be the year he would cooperate, but we will just have to hold out hope for next year.
 
hmmm... nope
 
He's thinking about it....
 
He's outta there
 
Maybe he will sit for Audrey... nope
 
Lets just make Whitney hold him down, at least she is a good sport...:)
 
It will have to do
 
What made me think we could get a cute one of these four?
Just missed Zack again...
 
Pretending he doesn't hear me...
 
Just missed it again,
 
Cute, of everyone but Zack, he had had enough... grrr
 
Every where we went that day, Zack took a couple of minutes and inspected everyone's tree, it made me laugh. I missed getting a picture when he did Andrea's and Grandma Greats, but I got one of him at Grandma Lories... So cute.

(He cried the day I took ours down, on Dec. 26th)
 
 
I had to get a picture of the desserts I made, I think they were a hit...
 
We headed home, Zack fell asleep in the car, and Adam carried him into our bed, to stay for while, but all the kids did eventually end up sleeping in Zacks room
It was a tradition I did when I was little, we will see if it lasts with these ones. I loved doing it when I was little, but Whitney had had quite enough of Audrey by morning, ha-ha, sisters. :)
In fact, they wanted to do it the next night too, because Zack missed out the night before, by being already asleep, but by morning, Whitney was already in her own bed :)
 
Christmas day coming soon!
 



Photobucket

No comments: