Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas Day

When I woke up Christmas morning, by Audrey and Whitney, I wasn't feeling any better, in fact worse, but I tried really hard to enjoy the morning and let the kiddos have a great Christmas. We finally had to wake up Zack, because his sisters were getting very impatient. We let the kiddo's go take a quick little peek, while they went to get my camera, they were very excited. Trying to figure out what to open first. I got some pictures, but not very many, and I got none of the rest of the day, but I spent most of it in bed.



Whitney started handing out presents.

Audrey got right down to business.





They both opened their DS's at the same time, Whitney was a little faster, and started shouting to Audrey "We got DS's!!" They were very excited.

Zack was still very sleepy, and wouldn't open any of his, instead he took the girls' present they already opened, and tried to get someone to open it for him.






Adam and I (mostly me :) ) made this toy holder for all the girls' Littlest Pet shop toys. The girls were so excited!! Here it is in their bedroom. You can see in the above picture, that you can close the curtain, and hide all the toys, which was a must for me! It turned out really well.



Zack finally got around to opening his, after he woke up a bit, he was in a much better mood.


After the present openings, I headed back to bed, while Adam tried to find a doctors office or Intsa-Care that was open, he couldn't find one, every thing told him to go the ER, which I refused, we really didn't need THAT bill. After that Adam got up and made breakfast, and got him and the kids ready to go to church.
Can you tell I was knocked out in bed, and the 7 year old picked out her own clothes?

(That little smug on her face was her saying I'm gonna get away with this outfit, with out mom seeing me!)


Zack wore his new Christmas tie I made him, so handsome!


After they got home from church, the kids got busy playing with their new toys, while I continued to be miserable. Eventually, Audrey had to call grandpa Kaze to see where he was, and to tell him to come NOW, because she couldn't wait any to open the presents he got her that were under the tree. Shortly there after grandpa showed up, bringing even MORE gifts, one from Adrian, and one from JT and Hayley. We were eating dinner when he got there, so she had to wait until every one was done eating, she thought she was going to die! They finally got to open their presents, a remote control car for their Littlest Pet Shop toys, which was a big hit, and Zack got a remote control Chuck Truck, they were all pretty happy. After the girls got done with Grandpa's presents they got busy opening Aunt Adrians present, which was a mini professional popcorn maker. I wish I got a picture, its one that you put the oil and popcorn in the top heater and then it boils over the popcorn, just like at the movie theater, the girls were so excited, and we had to put in a movie and make some popcorn right then and there. It was terrific! Usually I spend late Christmas night putting away Christmas, but this year, I spent it in bed. As soon as I woke up the next morning, I left Whitney to Baby sit (Zack wasn't even awake yet) and drove myself to the doctor, where he confirmed what I already knew, I had strep. I couldn't believe how sick I got over that. But I soon was feeling a lot better. Just wish I could have my Christmas now. Oh well, like Adam said... next year.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Your Pet Shop dresser is super cute! I love the chandeliers on the back. I really wish we could get together and craft my good friend. Glad your feeling better. That is awful!

Karen said...

I'm so sorry you were sick for Christmas, that is no fun. You're so crafty! I don't think I could even attempt to make shelves like that. And your kids are SO cute!