On Christmas Eve this year I woke up terribly sick. I was pretty sure it was strep. Every three to five years I get it, and it knocks me out, it gets pretty bad. I was fine the day before, but woke up about three in the morning feeling terrible. I didn't want to ruin the day for my kiddo's though, so I tried to just carry on with the day as normal. That afternoon we headed down to Provo, our first stop was my dad's and Andrea's. I was really out of it this day, as well as the next few days, so I didn't get many pictures, and I really didn't catch any details of the the day's events. I was really upset and disappointed after, I told Adam I want a redo of Christmas, so I could really enjoy it with them, he told me "next year" (he really isn't up for the whole Christmas thing) We, mostly everyone else, visited with everyone, Andrea was making cotton candy on their new little cotton candy machine, and the girls were so excited, and Andrea even let them make their own. They had a blast. Zack really didn't like or know what to do with it, I think he tried to blow on it when they first gave him some, it was kinda funny. The rest of the time he was glued to grandpa, being a very buggy little monster, but grandpa Kaze always lets him do what ever he wants, and laughs and laughs with him. After we visited their for a little while ( I was laying on the couch, and by the time I realized what time it was, it was almost time to head up to Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's, and we hadn't went and visited with my grandma yet, which I don't get to do very often, so we went over to say a quick hello, and ended up staying a little longer, so we were a little late to Grandma Lorie's. But I love seeing and visiting with her, she is one of my favorite people in the world, and one of my role model's, I love her to pieces. Although I wasn't able to talk as much as I would have hoped, (my throat was so swollen, It hurt too).
We finally made it up to Grandma Lorie's, they had just started the DVD game, so my girls jumped right in and figured out what movies had already been picked. Whitney found the movie The Smurfs, and instantly was determined to take it home, she ran over begging to pick it (each movie can only be stolen twice) telling me if I did we could keep it forever and ever!! It was pretty funny. She ended up getting it, Audrey decided to get a Build a Bear (a ginger bread girl), Zack got a truck movie, Adam got 17 miracles, and I got Where the Wild Things Are. After the game everyone except for Kylie and Eric left to go to the Christmas Program at the church, we stayed behind with them, because by this point I was not doing to well. The girls went down stairs to play the Wii, Adam chatted with Kylie and Eric, and I went and laid on the couch while Zack did his own little stuff.
Zack loved opening his movie so much, he sneaked over and got another one and had it almost opened before any of us noticed, the tricky little bugger.
He found a picture of one of the prizes, and thought it was pretty neat, he played with it for quite a little while.
After dinner, ( I tried to stay away from everyone and the food, so I wouldn't get them sick) we headed into the living room for Lorie's Christmas Story. It was a great story this year, but I can't remember the name of it. Later we opened family presents, this year we had Kelsie's family, I had made a wooden tray and a chalkboard and a wooden plack along with some honey goodies. Kylie had us this year, she gave us fun little game, Spot it, which the girls love, a framed Dr. Seuss quote which is Adam's favorite, and a fort kit, which the girls were so, so, SO excited about. ( we had a fort in our family room for three day's after). Thank you Kylie, it was awesome! The kiddo's even got in their new Jammies from grandma, all snow man themed this year, so cute.
Two little cuties.
Everyone tried to get a PJ's picture of everyone, and Adam tried pretty hard, but these are the best they could do. The two little ones really didn't want to sit still.
Everyone had a yummy dessert after, and then we headed home, much earlier than usual. On the car ride home I thought I was going to die, I was getting much worse, but I didn't, and we got home and got us all in bed, and guess what, Santa even came that night, :).
to be continued...

2 comments:
Sorry you were sick for Christmas! No fun at all. Their matching jammies are cute.
I'm glad they liked it so much!
Post a Comment