Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Six Months

Oh, where do I start. This little boy changes everyday, and we see more of his little personality everyday. Although its only been six months part of it has flown by, but on the other hand, Whitney puts it perfectly when she said, "Its a whole new world with Zack. I can't even remember the life before him."
Some things about Zack at six months (this list will probably get bigger and bigger, when I remember some thing I forgot.)
-He LOVES bath time
-His newest love is riding the four wheeler with Daddy (so cute)
-No teeth- yet, we think he has been teething
-He still sleeps in my arms at night, but the last couple of days he has wanted to to lay BY me and not on me, I am oh so happy about that
-He gets up still about 2 or 3 times a night
-Even though he sleeps in our bed at night, I finally got him to take his naps in his crib, BUT he has to still be in his "car seat" bed INSIDE of his crib
-He still loves to be sung too, many a nights that's the only way I can get him to sleep- or calm him down from crying
-He rolls all over the place now, especially in my bed
-He would rather be on his tummy, he has never liked being on his back ever since he has been born
-Two things I could not have lived without with Zack, his cradle swing, (which he still LOVES, even though his feet hang over the side) and his BUMBO seat, both are absolute live savers
- It didn't take him long to realize the girls where home for the summer, in the morning he talks, or yells until he hears them coming, and then starts laughing and wiggling like crazy
- He spends a lot of time in his BUMBO just watching everything, and he will sit and tap one (doesn't matter which) of his feet, in a perfect rhythm. He does it ALL the time, tap. tap. tap. tap. in the same beat, it cracks us up
-He is getting more and more attached to his daddy, which is so so cute, and also a big help now that he doesn't scream the whole two to three hours that I am at Young Women's
-He LOVES being outside, and at about 6:30 on almost every night you can find us sitting out front on a blanket on the grass because its the only place he will be good
- He is getting to be a pretty good sitter
-He is NOT a very good eater, something I have never had to deal with before. He will tolerate sweet potatoes or squash, but only a few bites, and that's it. He doesn't like rice cereal to much, and oatmeal is only 'Okay'
-He still adores his sisters, especially Whitney
-He growls, literally, all the time, its hilarious
-Doesn't sleep in the car, just sits and babbles or laughs at his sisters
-The hair on the top of his head is getting darker, in the sun it looks red
-He is going to be crawling soon, but I am trying to put this off for as long as possible
-His first attempt at the out side swimming pool didn't go so well, but he would put his feet in and kick water at his sisters, just as long as he wasn't in it
-He loves to play peek-a-boo
-His favorite toys are his fingers and feet
-Sometimes when you pick him up or get him he will give you a little luv hug, he will lay his head on your chest for a few seconds and sometimes squeeze your shirt- one of the sweetest things I have ever gotten, he used to just reserve them for me, but he has given Adam one or two
-He loves to drink ice water from a big cup- if you have one any where close he will do ANYTHING to get to it, and yes, we have had a few spills. If he is in your arms, he will attack you to get some
-Two Sunday's ago he made it through ALL of Sacrament meeting- the one and only time that has happened
-Loves to watch dogs
-he is wearing size 12 months
-He just learned to pull of his hats, it drives me crazy
All in all, he is a pretty good baby, although he gets pretty grumpy a few times a day. About five months ago I wrote a post on this blog, saying how I will someday miss how perfectly he fits in my arms and how I can hold him all day if I wanted. I didn't think that day would come so soon, but I do miss it. But I am oh so grateful to have him here. Every little gummy smile just brightens my day, he always has one for you too, even if he is grumpy you usually get at least one out of him

I came across this picture and had to do a double take, if Whitney wasn't so little, it could be Zack in that picture with her. My girls are such QT"S
I found a picture of the girls at six months to compare. I COULD NOT believe I was feeding Whitney Red-Vines when she was 6 months, what was I thinking, and not only that, but there was another one with her eating a Popsicle, in the same chair, and outfit, on the SAME DAY!! I guess that is what happens to the first born, they are your practice round. ;). I couldn't even think of giving Zack those things yet, but he has a lot more 'Issue's' than the girls had.
Audrey and Zack could have been twins!

No comments: