Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ta-Da!

After the girls went back to school, I had a hard time knowing what to do with myself all day. (when Zack was sleeping) One day I went in to clean up the girls room and when I was done, I had everything off the walls, and the wallpaper down, before I realized I really didn't have any money to redo their room, but it was a little too late. So this is what I came up with, with my VERY limited budget.

The frames are from the dollar store, I spray painted them white and put scrapbook paper in. The birds are fabric. (did you know you could use heat and bond on your walls, check out this blog tutorial.) I already had the brown paint for the tree. I was going for a fairytale type tree, did it work?
I already had this white frame, and the wood to cut out the bird with, the rest is scrapbook paper and Modge Podge.
I wanted a fake chandelier for the corner of the room, this is what I came up with, but I found this blog post and will be making this one soon.
I found these silver trays at the dollar store, with Modge Podge and paper they were done, I loved how it turned out, and this one was ALL me, :)
                                           

 I found these wood hangers at the local hardware store in Payson, I painted them white and they make great jewelry holders.
 We already had this mirror in the basement, just had to paint it. I might add some vinyl swirlies one day.
I made these out of paper, my friend Jessie told me how, thanks Jess!
I got some twigs from one of the orchards around here that they tore down, spray painted them white. Then I made myself a homemade pom-pom maker, and made me some pom-poms. I sewed me up some fabric birds to go on them, from the pattern found here. I bought the glass vases and gems, and also the mirror thingamajigs from the dollar store.

I got the idea for these round magnet boards here and here. I painted and decoupage them, super cute. Also found at the Dollar Store, see a pattern here?

We already had this night stand, thanks to High School woods class. A little paint and paper and wha-la!
This bike used to be brown and in my entryway, I spray painted it and added a little bling. The girls' Mazie, Hello Kitty and other dolls LOVE it, :)

I painted their book shelf and my bird cage, looks cute huh?
One of my biggest expenses were these two chairs, I found them at Wal-mart on super clearance, they were the last two left, they were the wrong colors, but I bought them anyway. Under $20. Later I found a piece of fleece remnant for 3 dollars, and reupholstered them. The girls LOVE them.
While at Target one day, I found these blue comforters on clearance, under $20 for BOTH!
Audrey picked these glow in the dark stars out of the Kindness Jar, and it finished up the room perfectly. (Okay, I'm really not completely done, I still have a few idea's to do, but I thought I would get at least this much blogged about, I will post my other projects when they get done, I have some more wall art in mind and some cute bird pillows, :).)





Photobucket

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Shesh Woman! You have been a very busy mama! It look so cute and you thought of everything. I love the dresser and the wall art! The girls are so lucky to have you as their mama!

Kylie said...

SOOOO cute! I love it! It turned out super cute.

Maria said...

You are very clever. I love all of your ideas!