Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Treasure Hunt

I bought the girls a feather and clover head band to wear this year, I think they are so cute!
This year for St. Patricks Day I didn't wake up early enough to make green pancakes like I usually do. And Whitney didn't hide her disappointment. Some thing I will not be able to get away with next year. Zack woke up before the girls left for school, so we went in with him to take pictures, he wore green pj's so his sisters wouldn't pinch him in the morning.







We had a LEPRECHAUN! visit our house later that day, I was so happy, since I had forgotten to get up and make green pancakes, we were still going to have some 'green' fun. I went in to town, and when I got back there was a WHOLE TREASURE HUNT waiting for the girls to do when they got home. That sneaky leprechaun left their first clue on the front door, so they would be sure to find it. The first clue told them that he had left them his pot of gold, and if they follow the clues, they will find it! Some of the places he took them too were the washer, oven, shower, piano and some places in the basement. We got a little nervous, because on the last clue he told us that a leprechaun NEVER gives away his gold, he had TRICKED us! But he still left us a bunch of green and rainbow colored goodies. At last we found it, the last clue led us to the basement utility room, and we found a whole 'pot' full of goodies!



He had stuffed a whole bunch of fake money in the pot, and when Whitney saw it she got SO excited, until she realized it was fake, that sneaky leprechaun tricked us again! Some of the things he left for them were, a green glow in the dark sword, one for all three of them (Zack included), "GOLD'en lemon heads, rainbow colored treats like Sour Patch Kids, Mike & Ike's, Now and Laters, and Rainbow Nerds. He also gave them really cute green striped socks, a bottle of Sprite, green gum, punch balloons and a whistle. So we really got spoiled this year. We hope we get the same leprechaun to visit us next year!
Before Adam got home that night, the girls re-purposed the treasure hunt, and made one for him to do when he got home. They are pretty smart and thoughtful girls!
For dinner that night Whitney wanted hamburgers, she told me we need hamburger "patties" for St. "Patty's" day. It made since to me, so that's what we had. I was going to try and make our French Fries green, but I wasn't sure how the food coloring would do in the hot oil. But it was a great dinner anyways. The girls loved it, and we all had a really fun day. (even without the green pancakes!) :)
Photobucket

No comments: