Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

Christmas Eve day we delivered the last of our neighbor gifts. This year we made them these cute little snow men, and a plate of cookies.

That night we headed to Grandma greats (Fischer). We went to grandpa's first to visit, and then walked over to grandma's. I have been doing this since I was Zack's age, so its always fun to go there now with my kiddo's. And although it is VERY crowded, its nice to see every one, especially grandma. I missed going last year, because I didn't want my four day old baby in the middle of all the fun, :). 
My girls were happy because I let them have there own can of pop, a rarity. 


This year we got Santa to come again. Okay, so we couldn't get the REAL Santa, he was really busy that night, but we got one of his really great helpers, my cousin Jordan (the girls recognized him) but we explained that Santa hired Jordan, and that he had to be trained by Santa himself to be able to be a Santa helper. :). I still think he makes one great Santa. Helper that is. Here is the girls trying to get a peek.


Audrey's turn. She told him she wanted a camera and a pillow pet.

Whitney's turn. She said she wanted a camera and a scooter.
I wasn't about to scar Zack for life by putting him on Santa's lap. He didn't even want Adam at the moment. It would have been torture for everyone involved. Zack is still very much anti-social. After chatting with grandma great for a little bit, and getting our presents from her we headed out.

 We went up to Grandpa and Grandma Peterson's. We got there before everyone was back from the church program, so it was really nice to have quiet time (having just came from the noisiest, most crowded place on the planet) It gave Zack a nice down time. He scooted all over the place and got all his wiggles out. Soon every one came, much to the girls delight. Whitney was instantly hooked to Megan's hip.

Zack found it really hard to share the nativity toys with his cousins. They were so polite though, even when he pushed them out of the way to get to the toys, they just let him go, at one point though they looked up at me like, "Please help us!" Zack was being a little rude. Thanks girls for being so nice to him. :)


Adam got him and put him on grandma's moose rocker. He thought that was pretty dang neat. Zack takes riding animals pretty seriously. It's fun to watch him.
He has to touch everything lately with his pointer finger. He is always pointing at something.
He even dared to do it with no hands.


Hanging out with dad, I think they were both ready to call it a night already. Two of a kind these two.

After a yummy dinner we headed in to read the book, Adam's mom picks out a different book every year. This year we all took turns reading, Audrey even wanted to help read, no surprise though, reading is one of her favorite things to do, so she was excited, and a little nervous, but she did wonderfully.
After the book, Audrey got to help pass out every ones new Christmas PJ's.

Reading.



The book this year talked a little about a girls hot chocolate stand. So Whitney and Audrey sang one of there songs from their Christmas play at school. 'Hot Cup Of Cocoa' They were absolutely adorable. And did a fantastic job. I added in all the picture we took, because I love them all, I can tell which part of the song there at in each one. And because this is my blog, and you all can just scroll past them all. :)
Maybe one day I will post the video.





I tried to get them to take a bow, but no dice.

Whitney opening her Jammie's. They have moose on them! It went along with our moose hunt weekend a few months before, so cute.

I'm not sure when a certain some one took these next two pictures, I think when the girls were singing. I LOVE the first one, and HATE the second. Someone is in trouble.


Zack loved playing with every ones tags and boxes from their PJ's. It was amazing because he even went and played a bit with uncle Eric, which was just plain surprising. He usually stays clear of everyone but me. It was so cute to watch though. Thanks Eric for letting him demolish you beautifully wrapped box.










Zack is always playing with his feet, in this picture he is trying to wrap the ribbon around it. He is one crazy duck.

He noticed me taking his picture, and had to come get me.


Everyone got in their PJ's and then we all tried to get a cute picture, and of course Zack wouldn't let that happen, well, actually I still think they are cute, but everyone else probably didn't think so. Pictures only a mom could love. :)
Again, I added ALL the pictures, I love looking at them all, but you can just scroll past them. I think it is funny my little Audrey is perfect in everyone, I think she put a smile on her face and just froze. So cute. Poor Whitney had to deal with grouchy.







The picture below is probably the best out of all, so cute!

This one is pretty good too, except to grouchy
Before every one went home we played the annual DVD game. My girls look forward to this all year. We walked away with some great movies, thanks to Adam teaching Whitney how to cheat, and his mom and sisters loving him so much to let him cheat, including 'How to Train your Dragon' which is what Adam and Whitney were after. We have watched it at least six times since. Audrey got a girl moose Build A Bear, named Holly. Which by the way we had to come home and introduce her to all the other "Kids" before we could go to sleep, we also had to make her a bed, and she got to have a sleep over with Maizy and Hello Kitty, because it was her first night home.
We also had yummy cookies and brownies and ice cream before we headed home from Grandma's. Thanks for the great night Grandma!

Last year's Christmas Eve

Photobucket

No comments: