Friday, January 14, 2011

Our First Snow Day

The day after our birthday was supposed to be the girls' last day of school but we woke up to this.




Our neighbor called to let us know they had cancelled all buses, but school was still being held. But it wasn't much later that the news informed us that they had indeed closed school for the day. It was our first snow day we have had here in Genola. At first the girls were a little disappointed, because they had all their class Christmas parties scheduled for that day, but they soon realized they could go out and play in all the snow all day, and they were super excited after that. So we got out our snowman bucket and they set out. Audrey was excited. She told me she was going to make a snowgirl, because everyone always makes a snowman. I thought that was a darling idea.









Audrey kept trying to do snow angels, but she would disappear in all the snow and get buried.







Our cat was really disgusted with it all. She too would get buried in it and was stuck on the porch until they cleared her a path to get down.


They girls did end up getting TWO snow mans, I mean a snow man and a snow girl. But I didn't want to go back out there to take a picture. I know, I'm a horrible mother.

Our very kind neighbor came and cleaned our drive. The whole neighborhood was out having a snow day, mostly Daddies, who were having as much fun as the kids I think. Adam soon got home too, and went and took Whitney and helped the Elders clean drives too. They said it was work, but I think Adam LOVED every minute of it.



Zack was still fevering, but was looking a little better, so I took him out to watch his sisters for a second. Don't worry, he was bundled up in a big warm blanket the whole time, except when I took these pictures. He thought it was super neat, and watched and studied what his sisters were doing. Next year I'm sure he will know what to do, :).
It was a fun day, filled with snow and hot chocolate and laughter, what more could you ask for?

Photobucket

No comments: