Thursday, February 24, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

On Valentines Day this year, I had this waiting on the counter for the girls when they woke up. They loved it. I woke up to squeals of delight.
I was tricky and was able to sneak in a package of candy hearts in there lunch too. Which totally surprised both of them at lunch, and they wanted to know how I did it.

The Saturday before before Valentines, we made card boxes. Audrey was waited YEARS to do this. She wanted one like Whitney had made a couple of years ago. So I got out all the stuff, and let the girls go. And this year they did them ALL by themselves. I think they turned out terrific. And oh so cute!

Audrey's box. I just love the top. The girls came up with, "Bee" my luv "bug" by themselves, so creative, and just plain adorable. I really like the little heart flap, she thought of this all by herself, it says Be mine love bug- lift to open. :)
Side view, be mine Valentine from ?.
Do you like her bee?
Be my...... Yey, Yes, so cute!

Whitney's box. So cute, she used the "love bug" & "bee mine" theme too, so cute.
How can you not love this girl?

Top view, a lift flap design too.
The joke was on me though, Monday morning when I told the girls to grab their boxes, Audrey informed me that she wasn't taking hers to school, her class made big paper hearts to put there cards in! She just wanted to make one like Whitney did. I did end up talking her into taking hers anyway, the little stink! :)


On Valentines day it was "Pink" day at school, the person who wore the most pink in their class won a prize. Whitney was DETERMINED to win. She didn't have any pink pants or skirt though that was school worthy, so I improvised and got an old pair of pants I had and made her a darling skirt though. And some rather LARGE pink rose earrings. She kept telling me bigger when I was making them. 

Isn't she adorable?
Audrey didn't end up winning though, which is a VERY SORE subject. Audrey said she had WAY more pink on then Ella, and she should have won. :(


Whitney ended up winning! I don't know how she would have lost though, she had on two pink bracelets, three headbands and a pink flower in her hair, gloves, rings, earrings, two shirts, pink fingernails, a scarf, skirt, and leggings and pink flip flops, that I made her change into when she got to school.
Isn't she cute? (the skirt is pretty cute too, huh?, I'm rather proud of myself with this one) :)



When the girls got home from school, I had heart sugar cookies waiting for them, and pink extra marshmallow-ey Rice Krispies for Adam.
Adam brought me home the Book of Mormon for Families, we have wanted one for a while now, and if you don't have one I recommend you to get it. It's fantastic, and we have already learned things we didn't know before. Adam says its his "kind" of reading, :).
For dinner we had heart shaped hamburgers and fries. And for Family Home Evening we took some sugar cookies and door-bell ditched them to a couple of families in our ward. It was super fun... until we almost lost Whitney. She wasn't in our planned "pick-up" area. This girl will do ANYTHING to not get caught. She is quite the trooper. But we eventually found her, and all was well. It was a great day.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessie said...

She got robbed! She totally should of won! Love the skirt! I hope I can be that creative when that time comes for me.