For Christmas my sister, Adrian, gave me a box of our mom's favorite things. It kinda reminds me of Oprah's favorite things show. Here is a list of all the things in it, I hope I can remember them all.
Cashews- my mom's favorite combined with a Coke
Blistex chap stick
Fuzzy socks
Playing cards- one of my fondest memories is playing cards with my mom
Design Perfume- I took it out of the box and smelled it and it instantly took me back to being with my mom. It's crazy how a smell can hold so many memories
A puzzle- my mom loved putting big puzzles together
A book- my mom always had a book-or four- she was reading, usually all at once
Peeps Marshmallows- she would leave them open on the counter for days until they got hard. Something I still think is a little crazy
Cordial Cherry's- I never did learn to like these, but my mom loved them
Swedish Fish
Chocolate covered Orange Sticks
Bubble Bath- My mom loved bubble baths
I think I remembered them all. Thanks Adrian for the wonderful gift. It was nice to remember all those, its crazy what you start to forget.

2 comments:
What a very thoughtful gift. It's those simple things that are fun to remember. I always thought it was fun that you guys were working on a puzzle at your house. Didn't ever know about the peeps though.
What a neat gift!
Post a Comment