My first little girl turned 11... I'm kinda speechless. Where has the last eleven years gone? I still remember being terribly sick pregnant, while building a house in Provo. My whole life changed when I brought her into this world, and she has brightens my life more everyday. I love her giggle and her creative imagination. She truly was a miracle from Heaven and makes me want to be a better person everyday. Love you Whitney.
I asked Whitney what she wanted for her birthday, and she would always tell me "cute clothes." She is getting old enough that I didn't dare go buy them myself, so for her present I gave her some money, and we went shopping the Saturday before her birthday. No one can have as much fun shopping as Whitney can, she made me giggle, sigh and put my head in my hands many times. More on that later.
I got up early the day of her birthday to make her breakfast. I asked her what she wanted and she told me, purple waffles, bacon and Orange Julius. So she got just that. After we got done eating I got out some more "surprise" presents, since I had already took her shopping, she was very surprised.
She made her a birthday sign a couple of weeks in advance.
A new shirt to go with her bling pants she had bought on Saturday.
A new Dork Diaries book.
And a 'peace' Snuggie.
All ready to go, isn't she just adorable!?
Whitney picked out the most blinged up, sparkly pants she could find, and I wouldn't have expected anything less, she is one special little girl.
She had to have a picture with her puppy.
Other things she got on her shopping spree.
When we walked into the shoe store, she just about tipped over with excitement. She ran over to a pair of 6 in high shiny heels, threw them on and walked all over the store saying how much she wanted them. It took me forever to get them off her feet. But even after I did, she threw on another pair, and all we could do is just watch and laugh and wait for her to have her fun. I sent a couple of pictures from my phone to Adam and all he would write back was "Good luck with that." She would put on another pair, and say "Take a picture of these ones to send to daddy!" After she calmed down, and I told her the kind of shoes she was allowed to buy, she settled on these two, but after a very hard hour and a half debating.
She had been begging for a pair of roller blades, but I was very hesitant to buy her some, because I wasn't sure she would like them, or be able to use them, and Genola isn't the best place to learn, we don't exactly have clean smooth roads, or even sidewalks for that matter, so I looked on EBay, and found a few for her to bid on for cheap. But then we ran into our neighbors at Walmart after her shopping spree, and told them how she wanted roller blades, and Shaylee ( who is a few years older than Whitney, and doesn't have a little sister to pass things onto) said she had an old pair she could have. Whitney was so very excited, (to say the least) and couldn't wait for them to get home that evening to get them.
Whitney wanted to make her own cake this year, and picked out the stuff to do it at Walmart.
Didn't it turn out cute?
After school was over we went to pick up the girls from school. (Adam had got the day off work) And we headed out for ANOTHER shopping trip, so she could spend the money grandpa Kaze had given her. We stopped and got an ice cream cone and then we went to Broken Spoke in Payson, Whitney's new favorite place, where she got all the cute stuff on her first shopping spree. (one of the things she got with grandpa's money, was the brown sweat shirt she has on in the picture below, she fell in love with it when she saw it, she has wanted a hooded sweatshirt for a long time, it has a picture of a horse and says 'Any thing your horse can do, mine can do better', ) After we got done shopping we met grandpa Kaze and a pizza place in Payson, and had dinner, then went back to the house to have cake and ice cream.
I couldn't get her keep her fingers out of her cake.
It was a wonderful day, and we all had a fun time celebrating a very special girl. We love you to pieces Whitney!
Another thing she got with grandpa's money was this cute shirt.

No comments:
Post a Comment