This winter, this little boy has LOVED oranges. I usually would have to peel it for him, but one afternoon, I told him no, he couldn't have one, because dinner was almost ready. Well, he took my no as a yes (happens most of the time) and got a chair, pulled it up to the counter, and grabbed and orange. I hadn't noticed his little thief. He went over to the couch and taught himself how to peel an orange. When I did find him, and the mess, he was so super proud of himself, and gave me a big old smile, and jabbered about his accomplishment pointing to the orange and his mouth, until I no longer could punish him. Since then, I have had to teach him to do it up to the table, and to clean up when he is done. But I have found him a number of times hiding again after I have told him no. I found a big mess in his bedroom one day, peels everywhere, and some smashed up ones in his rug. (I have had a heck of a time trying to get the stain out, who knew?). For a while every night, while lying in bed with me and Adam he has disappeared into the kitchen and came back with a towel and an orange for a little bed time treat. Its rather cute, but now a days he has switched his night time treat to yogurt. (oranges aren't very good this time of year) He has to have some almost every night. At least I cant complain about his choices, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment