Audrey was one of a few that made it to her grade level spelling bee. I was so proud of her! She really might be a better speller than me in a couple of years. She already is better than Adam and Whitney- poor Whitney got her dads spelling talents. So I couldn't wait to go and watch her at school. Before we go any further I have to explain a couple of things, most of you know this already, but Audrey hates talking with a lot of people around her, she hardly ever talks in public, and when the spot light is on her its really bad, and then add into the mix she was so super nervous too.
Her first word was -great-. She missed the a in it, but she talked so fast, because she couldn't wait to sit down and pass the microphone off. I felt so bad for her seeing how nervous she was, and also because I knew she knew how to spell it. And the fact that the girl in front of her got the word -sat-!?
Her second word was -years-. Another ea word. again she was so nervous she missed the e this time. The worst was knowing she knew how to spell them. But I was super proud of her anyways. She is one smart little cookie.
I asked her in the car on the way home to spell those words for me and she did it without a problem, I just don't think spelling bees are our things, :). BTW- The boy and girl that were the last ones left, did SO well, they even went into second grade words, they were pretty great.

No comments:
Post a Comment